» Date of Birth: April 10th, 1980
» Hometown: Newcastle, England, UK
» Currently Resides: Los Angelas, California, USA
» Hair Color: Blonde
» Height: 6′ 1″
» Siblings: 4 Brothers; Second oldest
- Started acting at the age of 17 after being discovered clowning around in a shoe shop.
- His maternal grandmother was the premiere portrait artist in Newcastle
- His parents split up when he was two years old and he moved to the village of Melmerby, Cumbria when he was 12, as his mother remarried.
- He went to Heaton Manor School in Newcastle, and after moving he went to Queen Elizabeth Grammar School in Penrith, Cumbria.
- He attended Cumbria College of Art and Design, where he graduated with a degree in the theory and history of film with a side in performing arts
- Met his ex-wife Katharine Towne at an audition for “Dawson’s Creek” (1998).
- His favorite actors are said to be Daniel Day-Lewis and Sean Penn
- Is said to be very good friends with Jamie Bell, Anne Hathaway and Romola Garai. All formed a strong bond while filming Nicholas Nickleby (2002).
- He’s said he hasn’t eaten pork in 25 years.
- He was the “Face” for Emporio Armani campaign in 2005 and Calvin Klein’s Reveal campaign in 2014.
- He likes to paint, make music, and does some photography in his spare time.
- Charlie enjoys listening to folk, blues and bluegrass music. He is also a huge hip-hop fan. The RZA from Wu-Tang Clan is his favorite artist. He is also a fan of Van Morrison and Tom Waits.
- Was #9 in Elle Girl’s ’50 Sexiest Guys’ list, in the June/July 2005 issue.
- Is great friends with many of his Sons of Anarchy co-stars, including Tommy Flanagan, Mark Boone Junior and Theo Rossi.